In the MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
Types and Benefits of
- Mailing Only members receive
e-mail notices of workshops.They pay non-member
workshop fees and are not eligible for workshop
- Full members receive
e-mail or postal announcements, online newsletters and
an annual member directory. They attend workshops for
reduced fees and are eligible for financial aid.
Full membership dues are $35, may be paid
annually, and expire June 30.
- CMNC Board Announces Changes to
Membership - December 2010
The CMNC Board has re-examined CMNC’s membership
structure, to be sure that there is a good
relationship between the cost of membership and
benefits you receive, and also that our membership
structure contributes to the financial stability
of CMNC. Beginning December 1, 2010,
we will not be offering new life
memberships, family memberships, or initial
memberships at a reduced price. If you have
renewed for the current year with a family
membership, that will remain in place until July
2011, but after that date you and your family
members will need to become individual members. If
you are currently a life member, your life
membership will be honored, but we encourage you
to begin making an annual donation in lieu of
dues, in order to help CMNC. For those
joining for the first time or renewing, the only
membership level available is Regular Member at
- Your user name will be used to log into your Member
Panel to keep your information current. User names may
contain 5-40 characters and are not case sensitive.
Existing members were assigned user names and
passwords and notified by e-mail when the online data
base was created. If you have forgotten your user name
please contact us by e-mail to
- If you are applying as a new member, please choose a
user name that is unique, permanent and easy to
remember, such as your first or first and last name.
If the name you choose is being used in the system,
you will be asked to modify it.
- Passwords may contain 5-12 letters or numbers in any
combination and are not case sensitive. Forgotten
passwords may be replaced automatically or manually.
If you have registered a working email address with us
click the "Replace password" link on the login page
and the system will e-mail you a unique password of
random characters. You may keep it or use it to log in
and replace the new password with one you can more
- If you need a new password and do not have a working
email address in your account information please call
us at 510-828-4148. Please include your name, phone
number and the best time to reach you.
- You may send e-mail to
mail @ cmnc.org
leave a phone message at 510-828-4148. Please include
your name, phone number and the best time to reach
- To avoid confusing our computers, paragraph returns
will be automatically replaced with spaces and ' with
` when typed in a comment field.
- Please only enter information in the address, email
and telephone fields that you are willing to have
printed in the CMNC Directory. You may submit private
contact information, not to be published, in the
comments field of either the membership form or the
workshop application form. There is a separate box to
enter an extension to your work phone.
- The third box of each phone number input area will
accept up to 20 digits, parentheses and spaces to
accommodate phone numbers in European formats.
- CMNC makes workshop assignments for the following
instruments: violin, viola, cello, double bass, flute,
oboe, english horn, clarinet, horn, bassoon and piano.
Other instruments may be accepted in preformed groups
or at the discretion of the workshop director.
- The CMNC Directory will list a main and second
instruments from the list above, and up to two others.
sight reading levels
- This information may be published in the CMNC
Directory for members' convenience in recruiting
ensemble members of compatible playing ability.
- Candid answers will help members form enjoyable
- This information will be published in the CMNC
Directory for members' convenience in recruiting
ensemble members who can play at the same time.
in the WORKSHOP APPLICATION
In the WORKSHOP
- Please pay the workshop fees when you apply
- Fees for any day(s) that you are waitlisted will be
refunded in full prior to the workshop
- For current fees and application deadline, see the Workshop
CMNC Policy on Workshop Payment for Recruits
- Approved by CMNC Board of Directors, March 30, 2014.
- PREFORMED GROUPS.
Cancellation by any group member must be submitted to the Workshop Director (email@example.com or CMNC Message Phone: 510-828-4148). Recruiting a participant to replace a preformed group member who has cancelled is the responsibility of the group. Recruited participant must apply online within two days of committing to play at the workshop and pay fee according to the rules for that workshop.
- ASSIGNED GROUPS.
Participants recruited for the workshop are expected to apply online within two days of committing to play at the workshop and pay fee according to the rules for that workshop.
- CMNC Members in good standing who would be unable to
attend due to cost may request financial aid which
will reduce their fee to $25 per workshop.
- COM - College of Marin - workshop is a class, so it requires a separate pre-registration and tuition payment of $25 to COM (instructions for payment will be sent to accepted participants)
- COM financial aid participants will pay only the $25 to COM ($0 to CMNC)
- Persons requesting financial aid are encouraged to
volunteer to assist at the workshop. The volunteer
coordinator will contact you with specific requests.
- The cost of meals/breaks is around $70 for the
- We invite you to make a donation of whatever amount
you can afford. Thank you.
- If you have just paid membership dues, and are looking for the financial aid workshop fees for members, be sure the fees listed are now for members.
the list of workshop days and fees, there should be a box to check for financial aid.
After checking the box, the fees should all change to $25.
- If you do not see the box to check, refresh your browser page.
- If the box to check still does not appear, log out and then back in, again refresh your browser page if needed.
- If still not successful, log out, wait about 5 minutes
and then log in and refresh again if necessary.
- More to try: Log out, turn off your computer, wait a minute, turn it back on, or try a different browser if possible.
- If all this fails, contact us to explain your problem:
mail @ cmnc.org
or call the CMNC Message Phone: 510-828-4148
- Application for all days of the workshop is
preferred but not mandatory. Players of instruments
with an excess of applicants may be asked to attend
one day only. Players who cannot be accommodated will
- Please apply for the day(s) you would like, and let
us try to accommodate you.
- Unfortunately our venues are limited in size despite
the growth of our popularity. Applicants should
know that we consider all applications up to the
deadline date, but sometimes have to wait-list or drop
people to one day to manage instrument balance and
- The workshop fee includes Saturday lunch, Saturday
dinner, Sunday lunch, and break refreshments
(depending on which days you attend.)
- Also indicate your availability for one or both
= a chamber music group, trio or larger, formed by individuals outside of the workshop. For example, you and three friends have been playing together as a quartet and your group would like to attend the workshop to receive coaching.
Your group decides on the piece, perhaps a movement or more, works on it prior to the workshop, and comes prepared to be coached, bringing your parts plus a separate score for the coach. It will save time in your rehearsals and at the workshop to measure-number your parts and the score.
- A limited number of preformed groups will be
accepted for the workshop.
- Minimum group size is a trio, but preference may be
given to larger groups, depending on the number of
applicants and available rooms.
- Groups must provide their own music plus a separate
copy of the score for the coach. Groups unable to meet
these requirements will not be accepted.
- Each member of a preformed group must submit a workshop application
- All members of preformed groups must be listed on
the initial application and all applications must be
submitted, including payment, by the deadline stated
in the Workshop
- Changes to preformed groups present serious problems
and should be avoided. Members of a preformed group
that disbands will be assigned as individual
participants, if possible.
- The workshop fee includes your meals and break
refreshments for the days you attend. Please refer to
the Workshop Announcement
for meals included. Vegetarian meals are normally
- Guest meals may be purchased with registration.
- Please let us know your assignment
classic, unknown modern, specific composer or piece,
etc.) and any
other relevant personal preferences (assign with others from your area,
okay to group with multiples of oversubscribed
instrument such as flute quartet, etc.).
- We like
to know, although many factors influence our
ability to honor your preferences.
- You may also use this space for any other
comments concerning your application,
participation, improvement in your playing, etc.,
which you'd like us to know.
not included or arranged for by the workshop. Please
refer to the Motels/Hotels links in the Workshop Announcement or
to find nearby lodging facilities.